I always have good intentions to make a batch of cookies from scratch. They do taste so good straight out of the oven. But life is busy, and realistically sometimes we just don’t have time. Here are 5 more of our favourite allergy friendly cookies to buy off the shelf at the supermarket when you don’t have time to bake.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. We may be paid a commission if you use these links to make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookies
Chocolate cookies are very popular in our house. We usually buy the crunchy variety, but these Enjoy Life Double chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookies are a delicious alternative with a completely different texture. Sometimes we just feel like a softer, melt in in the mouth cookie. Enjoy Life is dedicated to allergy free foods, so we can enjoy these without any “may contain” worries.
There are 12 delicious cookies in each 6oz / 170g pack.
- Ingredients: Flour blend (brown rice, sorghum and buckwheat), brown sugar, semisweet chocolate chips (cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter), concentrated fruit juices (pear, grape), date paste, safflower oil, water, brown rice syrup, natural flavors, leavening (baking soda), salt, vanilla extract, xanthan gum, konjac gum, rosemary extract
- Allergens: free from gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, sulfites, lupin, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, milk, egg, sesame, mustard
- No may contain statement
Being a US brand, you can buy Enjoy Life online including from Amazon. If you are in Australia, check your local health food stores or online allergy friendly food retailers like Happy Tummies.
Free by Doves Farm Double Chocolate Cookies
Just like the label says, these double chocolate cookies are very chocolatey! The strength of the chocolate flavour makes it hard to tell that these are gluten free, which can be noticeable in other flavours. They have a softer texture than the Dove’s Farm Lemon Zest cookies. Free from gluten, milk, peanut and egg. Also vegetarian, vegan, kosher and organic.
- Ingredients: brown rice flour* sugar, chocolate chips 16% (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter), palm oil, maize flour, potato starch, corn syrup, cocoa powder 4%, quinoa flour, raising agents (sodium bicarbonate and mono-calcium phosphate), carob, corn starch.
- Allergy advice: free from gluten, milk, peanut, egg
- No “may contain” statement on the packaging
We buy these in the health food aisle at our local independent supermarket, but being imported from the UK they aren’t as widely available as some other allergy friendly brands. You can also buy Dove’s Farm Double Chocolate cookies online from Amazon.
Orgran Itsy Bitsy Bears
We always know we can count on Orgran for gluten free and allergy friendly snacks, for kids and adults. These Itsy Bitsy Bears with chocolate chips are the allergy friendly version of a Tiny Teddy biscuits. Crunchie mini bear-shaped cookies with lots of delicious chocolate chips. Fun for kids, but parents love them too. Perfect for kids lunch boxes (and meet school nut-free lunch box requirements).
Gluten free, wheat free, egg free, dairy free, nut free and vegan with no artificial colours or preservatives.
- Ingredients: Maize starch, Brown rice flour, Raw sugar, Choc bits (14%) (sugar, palm vegetable oil, cocoa powder), Palm vegetable oil, Rice syrup, Pea flour, Psyllium, Raising agent: sodium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate (source of calcium), Vegetable gum: guar, Emulsifier: Monoglycerides from vegetable, Natural vanilla flavour, Salt
- No listed top 10 allergen ingredients
- No “may contain” statement
Leda has done it again with these. Minton are the allergy-friendly version of mint slice. Chocolate biscuits with peppermint cream, covered in a rich chocolate coating. Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free and vegan. These are sweet, so don’t eat too many at once.
Minton are made in Australia and without palm oil.
- Ingredients: Chocolate (30%) (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, emulsifier (sunflower lecithin)), sugar, tapioca flour, rice bran oil, chickpea flour, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, natural flavours, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate), salt.
- No listed top 10 allergen ingredients.
- May be present: Tree nuts and sesame seeds
Leda Golden Crunch
If you prefer a crunchy cookie, these are delicious. I don’t have any food allergies at all, but I still find these a bit hard to resist. The golden syrup and coconut combination reminds me a little bit of a cross between an Anzac biscuit and a butternut snap. These come in two sizes – 155g or a larger 250g packet. Because when you are looking for allergy friendly cookies to buy, sometimes we just need more of a good thing!
- Ingredients: Gluten free flour (tapioca, besan), Vegetable oil (antioxidant – Vit E), Sugar, Coconut, Rice flakes (rice flour, rice bran, fruit juice concentrate), Golden syrup, Treacle, Flavours, Raising agent – Sodium bicarbonate, Salt
- No listed top 10 allergen ingredients.
- May contain: traces of Nuts (peanuts & tree nuts), soy and sulphites
We buy Leda Golden Crunch in the health food aisle of our local independent supermarket or buy online from Aussie Health Products.
A note about “may contain”
As always, make sure you check the ingredients and allergen declaration carefully to see if this are suitable for your allergy. Some of these have “may contain” warnings that others are comfortable with, but you may not be.
The information in this post is for products sold in Australia with Australian allergy labelling for the top 10 allergens (including lupin). International labelling may be different.
More allergy friendly cookies and treats
Looking for more cookie flavours? See our first post about our favourite allergy friendly cookies to buy instead of bake for more delicious cookie options.